WIC Helps Families Grow Healthy
Healthy food makes for healthy families… which makes our whole community healthier!
That’s why Adelante Healthcare works with the federally-funded Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Program, to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women and their children under age 5 healthy.
WIC is a nutrition program that provides nutrition and health education, healthy food and other services free to Arizona families who qualify.
The program is for all types of families: married and single parents, working or not. If you are a mother, father, grandparent, foster parent or other legal guardian of a child under 5, you can apply for WIC for your child.
What does WIC offer?
- Nutrition education
- Breastfeeding support
- Financial assistance to purchase healthy food
- Referrals to health care, immunizations and other community services
You can participate in WIC if you:
- Live in Arizona
- Have a nutritional need (our WIC staff can help you determine this)
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have an infant or child up to age 5
How do I Apply for WIC?
To apply, visit to any Adelante Healthcare center or stand-alone WIC location and bring:
- Everyone enrolling in the program, including children
- Your driver’s license or photo ID
- Identification for everyone enrolling in the program. For children, that may include a birth certificate, a crib card or a shot card / immunization record
- Proof of address, like an electric bill
- Proof of income, like a pay stub or letter from AHCCCS or Food Stamps
No appointment is necessary. Same day service is available and walk-ins are welcome.
For more information, call us at 1-877-809-5092 or visit these sites: