Check out our video here!
Chicken and Brussel Sprouts
This is one of my husbands’ favorite meals. It’s a one pan meal so it does not make a lot of dishes.
- 2 slices bacon (optional)
- Chicken thighs
- Onion chopped
- Garlic cloves chopped
- Brussel Sprouts – cut in half
- Olive oil
- Chicken stock or broth – you can also use water if in a pinch
- Large splash Balsamic vinegar
- Dried cranberries (optional)
- Pan over medium heat. Cook bacon. Set aside to drain. If you aren’t using bacon heat olive oil.
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, garlic power. Brown chicken in either bacon grease or olive oil. Just brown on both sides not needed to cook all the way through. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic. Cook until onions are transparent.
- Add Brussel sprouts and cook for 3 minutes to get some nice brown on the edges
- Add chicken back into the pan.
- Pour chicken stock over everything. The chicken and Brussel sprouts should be ¾ of the way covered
- Bring to boil and then lower heat and simmer until the liquid reduces by ½ and chicken is fully cooked
- Add large splash of balsamic vinegar and cook another 2 minutes
- Crumble bacon and add into pad. Add handful of dried cranberries.
- Cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Serve warm
Add black pepper, thyme, rosemary and any other seasonings to onion and garlic while they are cooking. Add salt to taste or omit for a lower-sodium option.
You can use bone in and boneless thighs just adjust cooking time as needed
You can use regular balsamic vinegar as well as flavored like fig balsamic and cranberry pear balsamic.
Thank you for all your participation this month! We hope you enjoy the recipe and don’t forget to sign up for our nutrition classes.